Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Worst ABS Module Ever

A customer's 2001 Sterling salt spreader has a failed ABS module.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to show a quick pic of the an ABS module I came across a couple of days ago.

This module is in the worst condition I have aver seen on a truck.

The vehicle in question is a 2001 Sterling sand spreader which is a former county or municipal truck now owned by a private company.

DOT inspection finds the ABS light doesn't prove out.


A DOT inspection found that the ABS light failed to prove out. In other words, the light would not come on with the key on. Fuses were good and I seemed to have power everywhere, the bulb was good, so I went under the truck for a look.

I have seen Wabco modules with cracked cases due to corrosion expansion, but have never seen one with the circuit board completely exposed. Obviously the ABS hasn't worked for awhile.

After I removed the connectors from the module to check their condition, the ABS light came on and remains lit. Two of the pins in one connector will need replacement, as they broke off the module and are stuck in the connector.

I apologize for the poor quality of the pic; it was dark under there.

Needless to say, the ABS on this truck didn't work.
















No comments: